"Rick A to Z" leads CORTAC's Business Expansion Team supporting clients in establishing and achieving their Business Objectives through Market Analysis, Pipeline Development, Business Development, Capture, and Proposal Leadership, Negotiations, and Program Start-up & Execution within Government and Private sectors.
"A to Z" has over 45 years of Government and Industry experience in operations and acquisition across R&D and operational program development, complex program management, systems development engineering, Information Assurance, Information Operations/Cyber Development & Special Technical Operations, and business capture. During his preceding 30-year career with the U.S. Air Force, he held positions from B-52 operational squadron level up to that of Director at the Air Force Information Warfare Center. He has spent 15+ years as an industry senior executive working with over 50 clients with winning and executing programs across 42 Federal Agencies and 17 State & Local Governments. He has worked in defense, homeland security, intelligence, energy, health and human services, biotechnology & life sciences, and IT/telecommunications. "A to Z" is actively involved in the Professional Services Council, Washington Homeland Security Roundtable/Coast Guard Industry Academy Alumni Association, University advisory roles, and Technology Incubators & Accelerators. He often is a guest speaker at Defense Acquisition University advanced DAWIA Program Management and Contracting Officer courses or speaking publicly on Accessing Government non-dilutive R&D Funding; as well as Best Practices in Business Capture Leadership.
Selected Previous Experience
- Managing Director, Business Development, Robbins-Gioia, LLC.
- Senior Vice President, Capture Practice, Steven Myers & Associates
- Director, US Air Force Information Warfare Center (AFIWC/RM)
- Technical Director, AFIWC Advanced Programs "Skunk Works"
- Planner and operational lead conducting special operations in support of SOCOM, EUCOM, CENTCOM, LANTCOM, Intelligence Community, and UK MOD
- Conceptualized, organized, and led the development & employment of National level capabilities during Desert Storm Joint Force Component/Task Force Activities
- Program Manager, Air Force Information Systems Security Research & Development
- B-52 Squadron and Wing Combat Crew Flight Instructor (Defensive Air tactics, techniques, and procedures); Combat Crew Training School Instructor; COMBAT SKYSPOT Instructor
About CORTAC Group
For more than 12 years, CORTAC has provided proven leadership to help our clients succeed with specific expertise in Business Capture, Program & Project Management, Mergers & Acquisitions, Program Planning & Controls, and Technology Solutions. We bring a team of seasoned professionals that have demonstrated success and a commitment to foster a collaborative team environment. Our program/project leaders have an average of more than 20 years of experience capturing and managing multi-billion-dollar projects.
Rick "A to Z" Agopsowicz
Executive Vice President, Business Capture & Public Sector Execution
April 14 - Price Evaluations
November 10, 21 - DoD Contracting Update: “Coming to a theater near you - Changes in Contracting approaches due to DoD’s New Adaptive Acquisition Framework (in place since 2020)”