Luis serves clients who operate in the federal contracting and grantee market spaces on matters related to cost accounting, federal procurement compliance, supply chain, mergers and acquisitions, and foreign ownership and sourcing. His clients span across multiple business sectors including aerospace and defense, technology, energy, life sciences, and nonprofits.
Specifically, Luis focuses on the interpretation and functional application of U.S. government cost accounting and business process requirements found in the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), 2 CFR 200 (Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards), and agency supplements (e.g.: DFARS and DEAR). He advises clients on:
- Redesigning indirect rates during complex transformation projects providing affordable, agile, stable, and CAS-compliant cost structures
- Assessing government audit readiness and developing gap remediation road maps
- Developing incurred cost submissions, cost proposals and CASB Disclosure Statements
- Identifying and quantifying risks and opportunities of acquisition targets including matters related to foreign ownership and the Committee on Foreign Investment in the U.S. (CFIUS)
- Assessing domestic content compliance of end products subject to the Buy America, Buy American, and Trade Agreements acts
Prior to joining RSM, Luis was a Director in a Big Four’s government contractor services practice. He spent 14 years there providing consulting services to over 70 government contractors. Luis also held FP&A and Compliance roles at a leading aerospace and defense contractor.