Website Research Innovations
Research Innovations, Inc. (RII) is breaking through the big, slow, status quo with transformative technology that fundamentally changes and improves the world. We develop cutting-edge software for all levels of the government and military. Using agile development practices and user-centered design, we create innovative software solutions for complex real-world problems.
We are looking for a committed Contracts Manager to join our Contracts team. This position is co-located with RII’s Cyber Line of Business (LOB) in either its Melbourne, FL, St Petersburg, FL or San Antonio, TX locations and will include a significant focus on Department of Defense (DoD) Special Access Programs and Intelligence Community (IC) customers and contracts. Because of the nature of the work required, this position is fully at RII site and there is no remote work associated with this position. The Contracts Manager – Cyber will partner with finance, business development, proposal teams, and program management to successfully administer and ensure compliance with company contracts with various government customers, prime contractors and subcontractor teammates. Specifically, the Contracts Manager plays a lead role in the development, negotiation and execution compliance of company contracts across a wide customer set. You will solve uniquely challenging problems for our Defense and Homeland Security customers. Help manage large volumes of critical, real-time information about issues from global to local. Get s#it done.
This position requires an active US Secret Clearance.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Administer multiple government contracts and subcontracts, cradle-to-grave
- Administer strategic partnership documentation, such as Teaming Agreements, MOUs, MOAs, and CRADAs
- Actively establish and maintain solid professional working relationships with Government customer, subcontractor, and prime contractor counterparts
- Monitor contract performance for compliance with contractual terms and for potential change control events
- Provide sound business/regulatory/compliance advice and guidance to RII leadership regarding contract performance, risk avoidance/mitigation and problem resolution
- Identify potential conflicts of interest and apply acceptable solutions to mitigate impacts
- Prepare and issue correspondence to government, prime contractors and subcontractors relating to the execution and administration of contracts
- Lead and finalize the negotiation of a variety of contractual documents such as task orders, contracts, subcontracts, modifications, NDAs, and teaming agreements
- Draft new contractual documents “from scratch”
- Review RFPs/RFQs to support the proposal manager in determining requirements, strategy and assessing full compliance in our proposals; participate in proposal activities as required, to include the final signature and submission of proposals
- Establish and maintain official corporate contract files
- Stay up to date on government, legal and procedural requirements and trends regarding procurement policies and keep the company informed of any material changes in requirements/trends
- Problem-solve contract-related issues
- Periodically travel to other RII offices and/or customer sites, as required
WHAT YOU HAVE DONE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Administration or the equivalent disciplines
- 7+ years of experience in United States Government Contracts and/or Subcontracts administration or management
- 3+ years of contract and/or subcontract management experience in direct support of the Intelligence Community
- Proven record of a solid working knowledge of the FAR, DFARs and other agency supplements, RFP analysis and proposal preparation, various contract types (e.g. IDIQ, CPFF, CR, FFP, T&M, etc.), various agreement types (NDAs, Teaming Agreements, Subcontracts, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment and creativity to solve contract issues
- Demonstrated exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated strong work ethic and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Demonstrated experience in the development and maintenance of critical customer relationships
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work under tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suites.
- Previously directly employed as a contracts professional supporting DoD Special Access Programs and/or the Intelligence Community
- Other Transaction Authority (OTA) experience
- Export/Import Operations experience
- Intellectual Property management expertise
- Catalog-based Commercial Sales
- Vendor license and Purchase Order drafting, negotiation, execution and administration
- Extensive GSA Schedule contracting experience
- National Contract Management Association (NCMA) CPCM and/or CFCM certifications
- Experience working for a small business
At RII, we believe that diversity in our workforce is critical to our success. We strive to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger. We work to help your intellectual passions and creativity thrive. It’s one of our core values: Let your geek flag fly.
We also offer all employees comprehensive benefits including: flexible work schedules, health insurance coverage, paid time off, 401k with a company match, paid parental leave, access to wellness programs and much more. You get this all from day one, and all paid for by RII.
It’s all part of another of our core values: Stay human. It’s why our comfortable and colorful offices such as our headquarters, include a community game room, pantry, massage chair, and an escape room, among other amenities. It’s why we have community managers and regular community events.
Research Innovations, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, disability status, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.